Thursday, October 27, 2011

Expanding My Horizons

Last night I had the incredible opportunity to perform a short acoustic set at an art exhibition in downtown Daegu. The artist was Shin Moon Kwang. She is a well-known painter here in Daegu, and last night at the event she had the chance to display some of her work for colleagues and local critics, and she even received a special award for her outstanding work.

I was asked to perform a short set at the gallery. I was personally invited by her daughter, YoungJi Nam, who is the CEO of a music company based in Korea and Japan known as Gummi Bear Productions. She is a really cool gal!


It was an incredible opportunity to perform in front of some well-respected people in Daegu, as well as a great chance to experience the local art, sample some traditional homemade teas and desserts, and just be in the midst of Korean culture. I felt very humbled and extremely honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment