Monday, March 26, 2012

Subway Rockstars \m/

For those of you that know me (even a little bit), you know that I am not very big on drawing attention to myself in public. Yes, I'm a musician and a teacher. I have no qualms about being in front of people or performing in public...when it's planned.

However, the idea of spontaneous and attention grabbing public performances in which a song or dance randomly emerges in a random location and it is not expected, there is an intense type of fear that overwhelms every inch of my body.

We recently became good friend with Vanessa Lee, a girl I played drums with at a church we were attending for a while. She expressed to Sarah and I that she had always dreamed of doing a subway music performance, and she wondered if we also might be up for something like this in and around Daegu. Sarah, I learned, had also always wanted to do something like this. The idea alone brought tears to her eyes.

So I, alone, was the deciding factor on this adventure. Would I say no and let down the hopes of two incredible gals who just wanted to get their public groove on and fulfill a childhood dream? Or would I cower away in my fear and lack of self-confidence?

The answer to this million dollar question is below...





It should surprise most of you then to read that I, along with Sarah and our good friend Vanessa, are now apart of an elite group of people who have dared the adventure of performing music in a metropolitan subway. In addition, we also broke out in song recently on a stage in the center of downtown Daegu.

Yes! You heard me correctly. Sarah and I have recently embarked several times of performing both originals as well as Korean and American cover songs in the downtown Daegu subway and on the streets of Korea.

It was an adrenaline rush of an experience and a nice resume addition. I highly recommend this to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment