Monday, June 18, 2012

Don't Forget the Marshmallows!

This past weekend, Sarah and I went with a group of our close friends up to Pohang for an experience we had yet to embark on during this year in South Korea- CAMPING!

The campsite

Sarah and I had both been discussing how much we had been missing camping in tents in the midst of nature, and we were determined to find a cool place in and around Daegu to set up some tents, roast some hot dogs and marshmallows, and enjoy some good old community with our friends.

The ladies settling into their weekend home

This led us to Chilpo Beach, a very secluded and beautiful beach in the city of Pohang. It was equal parts woods and secluded areas perfect for pitching a few tents, as well as a beautiful beach that we were able to enjoy almost exclusively with our group of friends.

Brad taking in some waves at the beach

It was so refreshing to be away from buildings and busyness, to be able to lounge around on a beach, catch some waves in the ocean, and sit back and relax around a fire with some beef franks, cheap beer, and smores...all alongside good conversation with remarkable people! This is the stuff of life!

Sitting around the fire at night

If you are ever in South Korea or you currently live here and need a weekend 'away', Chilpo Beach is the perfect backdrop to a time of relaxation, meditation, and renewal.

Our morning view from the campsite 

I'm just sad it took us this long to find this place!

Some nighttime fun with sparklers and John's expensive camera with cool features!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Brad and Sarah. My name is Joshua, and I've been living in Seoul for the past 8 years. I randomly caught your first video on Youtube tonight, and wanted to write to you all. My wife, Min-Jung, and I are Christians. We attend a Korean church with a small English service so both my wife (who speaks little English) and I can take part.
    I saw one video where you were commenting on it being difficult to grow with faith and God in a foreing country (or something similar, I can't remember ^^). Stay strong! Keep praying!

    I also saw on here that your expecting a child. Congratulations! Children are wonderful and a blessing to be able to raise. My wife and I have a 4 year old daughter, and a 2 year old son. You are going to have a lot of fun!

    Anyway, I'm rambling on, and I know I'm a stranger, but I pray blessings on your family, and stay close to God.

    ^^
    Joshua Minor
    Min-Jung Kim

    ReplyDelete